Tummy tuck is a surgical procedure in which the excess fat and saggy skin is removed in order to achieve a flatter and more aesthetic abdomen look. Also known as “abdominoplasty”, tummy tuck is suitable for those who experience deformities in their tummy area as a result of major weight loss, pregnancy or aging.
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Tummy Tuck?
Tummy tuck is not considered to be a suitable procedure for the ones who would like to lose weight or get pregnant in the future; the results of tummy tuck surgery can get deformed with weight changes.
Tummy tuck is not a procedure for weight loss but a procedure for removing the deformities caused by weight loss. Therefore, if you plan to have bariatric surgery which will make you lose a great amount of weight or lose weight by other ways, it is recommended to have tummy tuck after your weight loss process is done.
Types of Tummy Tuck Surgery
Depending on the amount and size of the skin and fat which needs to be removed for the best results, tummy tuck operation can have different types such as;
- extended tummy tuck,
- regular tummy tuck
- mini tummy tuck
The difference between types of this operation is the size of the incisions made. While in extended tummy tuck the length of the incision may extend until your back throughout your bikini line in order to obtain better results for your condition; in mini tummy tuck the incision is usually relatively shorter than regular and extended tummy tuck.
According to your medical history, the physical condition of your tummy and your expectations from the operation, you will be provided with the most suitable technique and treatment plan in your consultation process.
Free Consultation Request
Tummy Tuck Procedure
Tummy tuck starts with incisions made according to the chosen technique to remove the excess skin and fat around the tummy area. During tummy tuck, underlying muscles will be tightened as well which is very beneficial for those who gave birth and got loose muscles. When all the necessary changes are done, the tummy area is closed up by sutures.
Tummy Tuck Cost
Tummy tuck cost differs according to the technique and package details; Clinic Mono offers all-inclusive tummy tuck surgery packages. Our medical consultants will help you with your consultation and booking processes.
Recovery After Tummy Tuck
- It is normal to experience pain and swelling after tummy tuck. You will be prescribed with antibiotics and painkillers in order to minimize the side effects.
- It takes around 2 up to 4 weeks to get back to your daily routine and to your job after tummy tuck depending on the level of the physical activity your job and lifestyle require.
- Tummy tuck incision scars should be taken care of as instructed by your surgeon; they will fade away on a large scale until 6th month.
- In order to prevent any opening of incisions, you should avoid positions which may strain your belly area for around 1-2 months after tummy tuck.
In Clinic Mono, the individualized treatment plan for your tummy tuck surgery is done delicately in your consultation process by the experienced medical consultants and surgeons. Tummy tuck cost is designed as package offers to provide our patients with the best quality facilities and make their tummy tuck journey comfortable; Mono team will be there to arrange every detail of your journey. Please fill out the consultation form in order to start your tummy tuck journey with a free online consultation.
- Procedure: Removing the saggy skin to achieve a flatter and more aesthetic abdomen look.
- Surgery Duration: 2-5 hours
- Hospital Stay: 1 night
- Recovery Time: 3-4 weeks
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia