Otoplasty, also known as ear correction surgery, is a surgical procedure in which the shape, angle, position and balance of the ears are re-arranged and treated according to the expectations and needs of the patients. Situated in the sides of head, ears’ unwanted shape may affect the aesthetic appearance and confidence of the individual on a large scale; otoplasty provides a very comfortable procedure and good results.
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Otoplasty?
People who are uncomfortable with the shape, angle or position of their ears; people who have large ears comparing to their head size, people who experience prominent ear condition or had an unsuccessful ear surgery before are suitable to have otoplasty surgery.
Stick out look of ears
The outer ears have a certain degree range for them to have a more aesthetic look and if that degree is beyond this range, ears may look “stick out”. With otoplasty, this condition can be fixed. Otoplasty is also effective for treating asymmetrical ears; can be performed for one or both ears in order to obtain a symmetrical result.
Otoplasty surgery can be performed for anybody whose ears have reached to their full size, which is normally after age 5.
In Clinic Mono, along with your consultation, a personalized treatment plan will be made for your Otoplasty surgery; our surgeon will ask about your medical history and expectations from this operation and will create the most suitable treatment plan for your individual condition. You will be informed about otoplasty cost covering all the package details by our medical consultants after your consultation.
Free Consutation Request
Incisions are made behind the ears; during otoplasty, cartilages in your ear is reshaped according to the treatment plan made beforehand. Any excess skin or cartilage is removed if it is necessary. The incisions are closed up by sutures.
Depending on the suitable technique for the individual condition of patient, techniques to perform otoplasty may vary.
Recovery After Otoplasty
- After otoplasty you will wear a bandage over your head covering your ears in order to protect the new positioning of your ears.
- It is normal to feel pain, bruising and swelling in the ears and head after otoplasty surgery; you will be prescribed with proper medication to minimize the side effects. In order to control swelling, you are advised to rest your head over your chest level.
- Incision scars of otoplasty should be taken care of as instructed to avoid any infection.
- In the first week after the operation, heavy physical activities should be avoided.
- Usually patients can get back to work a week after otoplasty; however, it also depends on the type of your work. Please consult to your doctor about when exactly you can get back to work.
In Clinic Mono, we provide our patients with the most comfortable otoplasty treatment journeys; all the details about your journey is arranged by the dedicated Mono team. In order to get further information about otoplasty and other procedures, please contact us now; our medical consultants are ready to reply all your inquiries, get you an individualized treatment plan and give you details about otoplasty cost.
- Procedure: Rearranging the shape, angle, position and balance of the ears.
- Surgery Duration: 1-2 hours
- Hospital Stay: 1 night
- Recovery Time: 1-2 weeks
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia