Bariatric surgeries became so demanded in recent years significantly that it is now commonly believed that these surgeries are truly viable and producing long term results.
As briefly mentioned in other treatment types, restrictive procedures ground on the idea of limiting the capacity of the stomach that it holds at a time, whereas malabsorptive procedures does ground on the idea of limiting the nutrient absorption.
Gastric bypass surgery, also known as The Roux-en-Y Gastric Bypass, consists of two steps. First a small pouch is being created where the stomach with the help of a stapler is divided into two with a small upper section and larger bottom section. The upper part is where the food intake moves into and this enables stomach to consume less calories, correspondingly fewer nutrients. This way satiety is reached earlier than usual as entire procedure creates a bypass for food.
Second step involves bypassing, in which bottom end of the small pouch is connected to small intestine to enable less digestion of food to some degree.
Since the route of the food stream is changed during the procedure, it brings changes in gut hormones that promote satiety, hunger, and reverse one of the primary mechanisms by which obesity induces type 2 diabetes, which is mostly the reason why overweight patients struggling with major comorbidities like this may best be fitted into this procedure. However, health assessment should be made and you need to consult with our doctor with the help your medical consultant to make sure all highly important details are communicated and best tailor-made treatment plan is offered to you.
Evidence in the latest research conducted, has shown that, bariatric surgeries not only serves for weight reduction or control, but also decreases mortality and morbidity. Patients with one or more weight associated comorbidity, including type 2 diabetes, obstructive sleep apnea, hyperlipidemia, asthma, severe urinary incontinence, reflux disease, arthritis, nonalcoholic fatty liver disease, or nonalcoholic steatohepatitis, heart disease, stroke, infertility, should definitely consult with our doctor to figure out their options for a durable treatment at Mono Obesity Surgery and provide accurate and complete information about the health history and get their tailor-made metabolic treatments.
Free Consultation Request
- 3 nights of hospital stay under supervision,
- Most patients go back to their daily routine within one week.
- One-month nutrition plan will be provided and we will be closely following up with you to monitor your progress and advice you further
- Light physical activities like walking is recommended (You will be provided a brochure with a series of further instructions)
- During the first week before you fly back home, you will be under 7 day supervision to detect any early complication and fluid consumption will be controlled.
- After you are back home, you will be requested to give us feedback at the end of 1st, 3rd, 6th and 12th Laboratory tests associated to post-operative metabolic condition will be requested and evaluated by our general surgeon.
- You will be provided a diet and nutrition plan by our licensed nutritionist with a series of advices for first post-operative month and for longer term to figure out food intake to refrain from and increase the consumption of. You will be reviewed of your current eating habits and discuss Araçlar and tips for integrating a healthy diet into your life.
- Clinic Mono team under the supervision of our general surgeon Dr.Ali Sarac will be very pleased to assist you with after and long after the surgery.
- Please consult with your medical consultant to get further information or fill out our health check form with your full contact details and we will call you at lighting speed.
- Surgery duration: 30 to 45 Min.
- Total stay: 8 nights
- Anaesthesia: General anaesthetic
- Recovery time: Up to 3-4 weeks
- Side effects: Nausea, abdominal bloating, inflammation, vomiting
- Scars: Small incisions
- Medications: Gastroprotective medicines
- Rest: One week
- Superior weigh loss at a certain period of time and much faster
- No banding or foreign substance is inserted into stomach
- No slippage or erosion correspondingly
- Much lower surgical risk
- Significant amount of long-term weight loss
- Restricts the amount of food that can be stored in stomach
- Reduced appetite and enhanced satiety rate
- Solution partner to comorbid diseases
- Not only weight loss but also a healthier life promised
- Emergence of vitamin/mineral deficiencies and deficits in vitamin B12, iron, calcium and similar may arise
- Requires adherence to dietary programmes and plans, extra life-long vitamin and mineral supplementation, and post-operative follow-up.
Gastric Bypass Turkey
Gastric bypass (Roux-en-Y gastric bypass) is a surgery that aims to provide patients with significant weight loss by decreasing the size of the stomach and the absorption of the nutrition. Gastric bypass procedure is performed by creating a new and smaller stomach pouch and bypassing a part of the small intestine to restrict the food intake and calorie absorption.
Gastric bypass achieves major and quick weight loss; the procedure is also effective for treating the diseases which are related to obesity like Type 2 diabetes, high cholesterol, heart diseases or high blood pressure.
Who Is a Suitable Candidate for Gastric Bypass?
Gastric bypass operation is suitable for patients with BMI are over 40- or patients with BMI over 35 and have obesity related diseases. Patients should not have any medical condition that may interfere the operation or the anesthesia to have a gastric bypass operation.
Patients who are not able to lose weight with other ways like diets or exercises can benefit from gastric bypass operation; patients should be ready to have a surgical weight loss operation and adapt a new eating pattern after gastric bypass.
For those who are interested in gastric bypass operation, the best way to find out if they are suitable for the operation or not is to get a professional opinion from a qualified and experienced bariatric surgeon; in a detailed consultation, the bariatric surgeon can examine the medical history and the current medical state of the patients, assess the specific obesity condition and design an individualized treatment plan for patients.
Mono Obesity Surgery provides international patients with online consultation sessions for a comfortable and convenient start to their weight loss journey in which they can ask all of their question about gastric bypass procedure and get a personalized treatment plan from the dedicated and experienced surgeons.
What Are the Advantages of Gastric Bypass?
Gastric bypass is an irreversible surgery which provides permanent weight loss providing that the post-op instructions are followed closely; when patients adopt a healthy lifestyle and proper eating habits, weight loss after gastric bypass becomes permanent.
After gastric bypass, the amount of weight loss can change depending on the patients’ individual body habits; however, the approximate amount of weight loss is around %70-80 of the excess weight in the first year.
After the operation, majority of the medical conditions related to the excess weight disappears in many patients; the procedure is not only beneficial for weight loss but also for achieving a much healthier life.
The procedure does not involve any placement of foreign substance into the stomach like bands or balloons; therefore, does not pose any risk of slippage or do not require any complement second operation.
Most of the patients feel good enough to get back to their daily routine and work in a week after the operation as the recovery period is very comfortable and easy.
Gastric Bypass Procedure Turkey
Gastric bypass operation is performed under general anesthesia and lasts around 1-2 hours.
During gastric bypass, stomach is divided into a small upper part and larger lower part; the smaller upper part is the new stomach pouch which is where the food will go. After that, the surgeon connects the small stomach pouch to the small intestine bypassing the first part of it. Thus, the food bypasses the larger lower part of your stomach and the first part of the small intestine; as a result, food consumption and the calorie absorption reduces significantly.
Recovery After Gastric Bypass
- You will stay in the hospital for 3 nights under supervision after the operation. In your first week after gastric bypass, you will be followed closely to be aware of any possible condition immediately.
- Patients usually feel good enough to return to their daily life in around a week; but then again, post-op instructions given by your surgeon and medical consultant should be followed closely.
- Light physical activities are recommended after the early period of your recovery is completed; please consult to your surgeon about the which physical activities are recommended and which are not.
- Our professional and licensed nutritionist will provide you with one-month nutrition plan created specifically for your unique condition. Your medical consultant will regularly check on your progress and will reply all of your questions during your recovery process.
Gastric Bypass Cost Turkey
Turkey is one of the most popular destinations for bariatric surgeries and therefore receives many international patients for the high quality medical procedures and very affordable bariatric surgery prices. International patients benefit from the privileged medical experience in the country and have a nice and affordable holiday at the same time.
Gastric bypass cost can change depending on the personal condition of the patients. Mono Obesity Surgery in Turkey offers all-inclusive gastric bypass packages to make the gastric bypass journey more convenient, comfortable and affordable for international patients. To get more information on the gastric bypass procedure and the all-inclusive package prices, please do not hesitate to contact us anytime.
- Procedure: Decreasing the stomach size and connection of the small stomach pouch to the lower part of the divided small intestine by skipping the first section.
- Duration: 1-2 hours
- Hospital Stay: 3 nights
- Recovery Time: Up to 3-4 weeks
- Anesthesia: General anesthesia
Mono Obesity Surgery offers the most effective gastric bypass surgery results, comfortable weight loss experiences and the cheapest gastric bypass cost in Turkey; get in touch with us to get further information in a detailed online consultation.