Eyelid surgery, medically speaking “blepharoplasty”, is a surgical procedure performed in order to repair the deformed upper and lower eyelids. The sagginess and decreased elasticity of the skin are common signs of aging and they bring out related problems such as sagging of eyelids and sunken and hollow under eyes.
The sagging skin of eyelids is not always just an aesthetic problem; the condition commonly creates discomfort with the visual abilities as well. Especially the sagging of the upper eyelids may cause difficulties on vision which is very dangerous especially when you are doing activities like driving. Therefore, the eyelid surgery is performed for both for aesthetic and medical reasons.
Eyelid surgery can be performed for 2 eyelids or 4 eyelids depending on the needs and expectation of the patients; it is common to get the surgery only for upper eyelids but also the lower eyelids are quite prone to get deformed by aging.
The cost of eyelid surgery depends on whether you will have the operation for 2 eyelids or 4 eyelids. Clinic Mono offers package concept eyelid surgery prices in which all the necessary details for your treatment journey is designed meticulously by the Mono team. The cost and package details of the operation will be shared during your consultation process by our experienced medical consultants.
Free Consutation Request
The proper incisions are made; usually in the folds of the eyelids or beneath the eyelashes. The excess skin and fat in eyelid areas are removed in accordance to the treatment plan made beforehand. After the necessary extractions are done and the symmetry is achieved, the area is closed up the sutures.
Recovery After Blepharoplasty
- It is normal to experience swelling, bruising and pain around the eyes after the operation; the surgeon will prescribe you with the appropriate medication in order to prevent infections, minimize the side effects and support the healing process. Application of cold packs as instructed is highly recommended to control bruising and the swelling.
- In the first 24 hours you should not read, watch TV or do any activity which may tire your eyes. You should rest your head in an elevated position in order to control the swelling.
- Blurred vision, difficulties while closing the eyelid and changed sensation can be observed after the operation.
- Wearing make-up should be avoided at least for 3 weeks in order to prevent any possibility of infection.
- Alcohol consumption should be avoided for at least 3 days after the surgery; smoking should be refrained until you are completely recovered since it can interfere the healing process.
- Heavy exercising should be avoided for 2 weeks. Sun exposure should be avoided for 6 weeks.
- Results are permanent and visible right after the surgery.
Your eyelid surgery journey with Clinic Mono starts with an online consultation in which all your inquiries replied and your individualized treatment plan is created by our experienced surgeons and medical consultants. In order to initiate your journey and find out more about treatments and prices, please fill out the consultation form.
- Procedure: Repairing the deformed upper and lower eyelids to reduce the aging effects.
- Surgery Duration: 1-1,5 hours
- Hospital Stay: 1 night
- Recovery Time: 2-3 weeks
- Anesthesia: General Anesthesia